Wednesday, January 14, 2009


Looking Back

I've been journaling since 1993. So much has happend during that time. Lot's of laughs and tears.

My new journal is black and leather bound. It's a bit too stuffy. I need something cute, beautiful even. Ooh. Maybe one with pockets, an attached book mark and matching pen.

I was saddened by some of the entries I made back then. Entries about being overweight, and not using my time wisely. The sad part is all these years later I still have those same struggles.

Recently, God has been calling me to retreat with Him but I didn't really "get it" until I read my entry from Febuary 2, 1996. Here's what I wrote: "I was reading over my journal pages from Feb. 1993. I'm in some of the same situations now that I was in then; 1. my weight. 2. the way I spend my time."


I hadn't grown. This broke my heart.


I am saying "no" to all activites and events that will interfere with my retreat with God. There are a few really great things happening soon; a new Beth Moore Bible study at my church, and a Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and Pricillia Shrier conference. As much as I would love to participate, I'm not going to. I need to spend time with my (heavenly) Father and He wants to spend time with me.

In PalaceStyle,


Victoria