Friday, February 6, 2009

How Did I Get Here?


I have wandered out into the desert. Away from the comfort found in the presence of my Father into a dry, dust place.

At first I tried to keep myself comfortable here by entering into dynamic praise and worship, but only at church. I would pray daily, but neglected to immerse myself in the words of God to cleanse and refresh myself.

I looked up from my business lost, longing to be with my Father. This dry and dusty place surrounds me, engulfs me, overcomes me. How did I get here? And how do I get out of here?

I long to be in a lush, green, cool, place. A quiet place, with just the sounds of nature; birds, wind, water, and the voice of my Father comforting me, encouraging me, leading me.

I hear Him calling my name. He sees me!! He calls for me!! I run to Him!!! and I am safe!!!!

Have you ever found yourself in a dry and dusty place, not knowing how you got there and wondering how to get home? God is so faithful even when we are not. He is with us (Matt 1:23)and for us.
In PalaceStyle,
Victoria