
My story
My story is that of a black girl, raised in the 60’s, in the south. I was told I was part of an inferior race and would not succeed. Because I never saw blacks in the media, portrayed in a positive light I believed that lie. I was not worthy. I was not valuable. As a young adult, I closed myself off from the friendships of women. Who would want to be my friend any way?
That all changed once I began to understood that I am a part of that world that God loves so much He sent His son to die for. I am valuable to God, He loves me, and He wants me to love me, so that I can love you. So that you can yourself. So that you will love others. And so on and so on. This is how all men will know that we are His disciples.
With this new understanding of who God IS in my life, I began working toward developing friendships with women. I am looking for girlfriends.
Have you, do you feel inferior, not worthy, not valuable? Through this experience, I have learned 2 things;
First, believing that you are not valuable is a lie.
The second thing I learned is that my story is your story and your story mine. It may not have been your race. It may have been your size, or your neighborhood, or the clothes you wore. Whatever it was that made you feel inferior, not worthy or not valuable, it was a lie.
Take those feelings of not measuring up and place them at the feet of Jesus. I promise you, I promise you, that if you do God your father, through His Holy Spirit will move you far away from that lie into truth.
First, believing that you are not valuable is a lie.
The second thing I learned is that my story is your story and your story mine. It may not have been your race. It may have been your size, or your neighborhood, or the clothes you wore. Whatever it was that made you feel inferior, not worthy or not valuable, it was a lie.
Take those feelings of not measuring up and place them at the feet of Jesus. I promise you, I promise you, that if you do God your father, through His Holy Spirit will move you far away from that lie into truth.
In Palacestyle,
Victoria